License Terms and Conditions
The Licensing Board grants qualifying parties a non-exclusive right license to use the University's marks on merchandise and promotional articles. The terms and conditions of use are contained in the Trademark License Agreement between the University and the licensee.
The license is term limited and subject to annual renewal. The renewal fee is $150.00.
Applying for a License
BEFORE YOU BEGIN: ensure that you have read and understand the licensee obligations and responsibilities.
- Complete the application. Include the required documentation in your submission:
- License Application Form
- Application fee/annual renewal fee of $150 (non-refundable)
- A brief bio of the company/organization making application
- Proof of affiliation with the Fair Labour Association
- Officer's Certificate to certify compliance with York's Code of Conduct For Licensees
- Proof of product liability insurance (see Licensees - Obligations and Responsibilities - Indemnification)
- Send your package to the address indicated in the application form. The completed application package will be considered by the Licensing Board.
- If the application is approved, the Licensing Coordinator will send a trademark license agreement to the applicant for execution (click here for a sample agreement) together with instructions on how to obtain approved York University marks and logos.
- Execute the agreement and return two signed copies to the Licensing Coordinator together with a royalty advance. One copy will be returned for your records.
NOTE: each item displaying a York name, mark or logo must be approved prior to manufacture - see Licensee Obligations and Responsibilities - item sample approval.